Monday, August 18, 2014

In word or in deed?

http://kingsenglish.info/
Luke 6:46 "And why call me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?"

Are we "Christians" only when it is fashionable or unobjectionable?

Malachi 1:6 "A son honors his father ... If I am a father, where is the honor due me?"

Do we call God our heavenly Father only when we want something? 

What happened to honoring our Heavenly Father whether we need something or not? 

1John 3:18 "My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth."

"Lord," "honor," "love" God are words. Where are the deeds?

James 2:18 "Yea, a man may say, You have faith, and I have works: show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works."

There are many who claim Christianity, but where is the evidence in our lives? 

Matthew 23:27 "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are like unto whitewashed sepulchers, which indeed appear beautiful outwardly but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness."

Do we look good only one day a week? Or is it a lifestyle?

1Samuel 16:7 "But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart."

God knows our hearts, that they are desperately wicked . . . 

Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

Let us turn from our ways and worship God through Jesus Christ. Let us love, honor, and adore Him for who He is and worship Him in the beauty of holiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment