Thursday, July 3, 2014

God forbid that I should boast

Galatians 6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

God forbid that I should boast . . . What are you boasting in? What is it that you think will make you ACCEPTABLE to God? Sunday school teacher? Church worker? Faithful church member? Your church? Your denomination? Your multitude of good deeds? Other? 

O no, dear friend, these things won't save you. Only a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus Christ will: "Many will say to me [Christ] in that day, Lord, Lord ... then will I profess unto them, I never KNEW you ..." (Matthew 7:21-23, emphasis added). 

O, may we be found in Christ NOT having our OWN righteousness ... "but that which is through the faith of CHRIST the righteousness which is of God by faith" (Philippians 3:9, emphasis added). 

May we sing with truth the song of Isaac Watts, "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross" the second verse: "Forbid it Lord that I should boast, save in the death of Christ my God."

No comments:

Post a Comment