Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Christian songs


Some "Christian" songs sung in churches go like this:

"I WILL celebrate ... " 
"I WILL worship you Lord ..."
"I WILL give my life for you Lord ..."
"I WILL follow you Lord ..."
"I WILL sing of your love forever ..."

And so on . . . 

Hhmmm, Lucifer was also fond of "I WILL ..." : 

Isaiah 14:13 For thou [Lucifer] hast said in thine heart, I WILL ascend into heaven, I WILL exalt my throne above the stars of God: I WILL sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: [emphases added]

His sin was "pride" (self-exaltation). So, WHO is at the CENTER of these songs? WHO is being EXALTED? WHO is being PRAISED? 

How about this instead: 

Revelation 4:11 THOU art worthy, O LORD to receive GLORY and HONOUR and power: for THOU hast created all things, and for THY pleasure they are and were created. [emphases added]

No comments:

Post a Comment