Sunday, October 12, 2014

CCM Alert I Am Free

CCM Song Alert: "I Am Free" by Unhindered

Q: How well does this Contemporary Christian song EXALT Christ, the Lord, the God of the Bible?

Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

First stanza:

Through You the blind will see
Through You the mute will sing
Through You the dead will rise
Through You all hearts will praise
Through You the darkness flees
Through You my heart screams, I am free!

Q: WHO is YOU?

Why not the NAME of the LORD? Why not the LORD JESUS CHRIST? 

2Thessalonians 1:12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

Through WHO will the blind see?

Luke 7:22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.

Through WHO will the mute sing?

Mark 7:37 And were beyond measure astonished, saying, He hath done all things well: he maketh both the deaf to hear, and the dumb to speak.

Through WHO will the dead rise?

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Through WHO will all hearts praise?

1Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Through WHO the darkness flees?

Luke 1:79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Through WHO my heart screams?

Luke 19:40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

Chorus:

I am free to run
(I am free to run)
I am free to dance
(I am free to dance)
I am free to live for you
(I am free to live for you)
I am free
(I am free)

Q: WHO is being emphasized here? A: How many "I am"s are there in this chorus? 

Q: How many "I am"s are there in this chorus? A: 4

Q: How many times is Christ exalted here? A: 0

Second stanza:

Through you the kingdom comes
Through you the battles won
Through you I’m not afraid
Through you the price is paid
Through you there’s victory
Because of you my heart sings I am free

Q: WHO is YOU?

Why not the NAME of the LORD? Why not the LORD JESUS CHRIST? 

2Thessalonians 1:12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1Corinthians 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

Chorus:

We are free to run 
We free to dance
We free to live for you
We are free, we are free, we are free

Q: How can a person be truly free? 

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; (32) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

A: If we continue in the word of Christ, then we are disciples indeed; And we shall know the truth, and the truth shall make us FREE! The TRUTH sets us FREE. JESUS CHRIST is the way, the TRUTH, and the life (John 14:6). The Word of God is TRUTH (John 17:17).

Q: How well does this Contemporary Christian song EXALT Christ, the Lord, the God of the Bible?
A: It doesn't!


JFS, Ptr.
http://meditationsfromscripture.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment