Monday, October 13, 2014

CCM Song Alert Here I Am to Worship

CCM Song Alert: "Here I Am To Worship" by Hillsong
-
Q: How well does this contemporary Christian song EXALT Christ, the Lord, the God of the Bible?

[First stanza]

Light of the world
You stepped down into darkness
Open my eyes let me see
Beauty that made this heart adore You
Hope of a life spent with You

Q: WHO is YOU? 
Q: WHO is the LIGHT of the WORLD? 
Q: WHO STEPPED into DARKNESS?
Q: WHO OPENED my EYES?
Q: WHOSE BEAUTY? 
Q: WHO is YOU? 

FAST FACTS: 

"LORD" is used 6751 times in the King James Bible. That is an average of at least 100 times per book of the Bible.

"Jesus Christ" is used 258 times in the New Testament (KJV). That is an average of nearly 10 times per book of the New Testament. 

Q: Why NOT say the NAME of the LORD here? If this is CHRISTian music, shouldn't it praise CHRIST? 

The NAME of the LORD is precious: 

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Q: SO, why NOT SAY and SING the NAME of the LORD?


[Chorus]

Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that You're my God

Q: Who is being glorified here? 
Q: Shouldn't our songs be glorifying the Lord? 

Revelation 5:12 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Ephesians 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

This sounds just like Peter speaking in the power of his flesh before he denied Christ; (Matthew 26:33-35, 69-75)

[Chorus continued]

You're altogether lovely
Altogether worthy
Altogether wonderful to me

[Second stanza]

King of all days
Oh so highly exalted
Glorious in heaven above
Humbly You came to the earth You created
All for love's sake became poor

Q: WHO is YOU? 
Q: WHO is LOVELY, WORTHY, WONDERFUL to me, KING; WHO is GLORIOUS, WHO came to earth, WHO became POOR? 

[Chorus]

Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that You're my God

You're altogether lovely
Altogether worthy
Altogether wonderful to me

[bridge]

I'll never know how much it cost (x4)
To see my sin upon that cross

Q: What CROSS? A: "That cross" ?? (It sounds like contempt rather than gratitude. Could we say "your cross" or "the cross"?)

Q: How well does this Contemporary Christian song EXALT Christ, the Lord, the God of the Bible?
A: It doesn't! 

Follow up: There is NO mention of CHRIST, no mention of the LORD, no mention of WHO, only "YOU." "YOU" can be the GOD of people's imaginations, but NOT necessarily the GOD of the BIBLE, and songs that do not name the name of the Lord, the Christ of the Bible, leave room for everyone's imagination of who God is in their own minds. This is new age philosophy: 

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.


JFS, Ptr.
http://meditationsfromscripture.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment