Friday, October 17, 2014

Fellowship First

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Clearly, from this verse, the Lord makes it known that He is MORE interested in a deeper, sweet personal relationship with Him THAN our best works. 

The church at Laodicea (Christians) was proud of itself. They were wealthy, perhaps even rich in "ministries," "programs," and other "works," but one think they lacked, was a fervent personal walk with the Lord:

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

May we learn to put CHRIST first BEFORE works.
May we learn put CHRIST FIRST in our works.
May we learn to put CHRIST ABOVE our works . . . 

. . . and ENJOY that sweet fellowship with our Lord and Saviour, GOD of ALL, Jesus Christ

-JFS

No comments:

Post a Comment